Monday, August 25, 2008

Disgraceful


THIS is an utter disgrace.

This is the kind of crap that makes me wonder how much longer we are going to remain the "lone superpower" in the world. It seems that more and more, the trend in this country is to punish achievement and promote mediocrity. It's one of the reasons I love football so much, I think...it's one of the few places left where you still hear words like competition, toughness, will, strength, hard work, accountability...I know, I know, I'm starting to sound like Lieutenant Kendrick.

I feel bad for the kid, for his parents, but most of all I feel sorry for the children who have the misfortune of having these cowards as parents. Thank God I had no such disadvantage...my Dad's advice if I had to face this kid would have been something along the lines of "Do your best, and if that's not good enough, work hard and get better." Not, "This guy is too good, so he shouldn't be allowed to play." This story makes me very angry and very sad.

OK...back to your regularly scheduled game week programming.

No comments: