Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Super quick LOST thoughts...recap to come later

Hey, did you guys know V came back last night? Grrrrr.....that was annoying, and I think it backfired on ABC. I've seen LOTS of people on message boards say that they would never watch V again after that little stunt.

Anyway, my quick thoughts on the episode:

- It was great to get some of the humor back in this episode...more focus on Miles, Hurley, Frank, and Ben definitely lightened the mood.

- The Sideways storyline was well done...I still love Keamy (at least Sideways Keamy), and it was cool to see Mikhail again. I know I'm not the only one who knew that he was going to take a bullet in the eye, right?

Good, emotional, well acted story for Jin and Sun....but I am still distracted by the Sideways stories more than I am engaged by them, especially when I am enjoying the on-Island stuff as much as I was in this episode.

- Loved the standoff on the beach between Smocke and Widmore, especially the line about a "brilliant man" who once told Locke that a war was coming to the Island...that brilliant man was, of course, Widmore himself back in "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham".

- DESMOND!!! Glad to have you back, brutha!

Although....I don't think I want to know how he got the nickname "The Package".

- Still LOVE the new Jack...this is the most likeable he has been in years. My theory is it's because he's been away from Kate for a couple of days.

- Overall, a good episode that will probably be judged more harshly than it should since it is following last week's brilliance. I thought they moved the on-Island story forward at a pretty good clip, and the Sideways story was entertaining, if still meaningless to me at this point.

Be back later this week with the full recap, and I haven't forgotten that I promised a full Recon recap as well!

No comments: