Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's Great to be a Georgia Bulldog!

I just want to take this time to publicly thank my parents.

See, I grew up in Georgia, but neither of my parents went to school at UGA or Georgia Tech. So the decision as to which of the major state schools that we would support was not an automatic one.

But as far back as I can remember, our house was always predominantly a Bulldog house. I was six years old in 1980, and I can still vividly remember watching games with my dad and his friends during that championship season, and Herschel Walker was my first sports hero. My dad doesn't hate Tech like I do, but he doesn't really pull for them either (especially now that my brother and I have grown into such avid gnat-haters).

I myself did not go to UGA, for reasons too long and stupid to go into here. But I have always been a Bulldog.

Because I was raised one.

On days like today, I feel especially blessed.

Hoop Dawgs 73, Hoop Gnats 66
Hawkeyes 24, The Perfect Option 14

GO DAWGS!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here, here!

Dawgfan17 said...

Perfect option - 7 (tech's D scored as many as their own offense).

Obi's Sister said...

Go Dawgs, Sic'em!