Friday, December 19, 2008

A man after my own heart

Big news today...Jeff Owens is in fact returning for his senior season, according to David Hale's blog.

This is, of course, FANTASTIC news. It's going to be tough to find a better 4 man DT rotation anywhere in the country than Owens, Atkins, Weston, and Tyson. Now, if one of the DE's can PLEASE step up, we may not be trying to push Coach Martinez out the door this time next year.

My favorite part of the article was this quote from Owens:

"I didn't have a senior year like I wanted. We lost to (Georgia) Tech, and I
can't leave losing to Tech. I've got to get revenge on that."

That's what I like to hear. Well, not the "We lost to Tech" part...that part still makes my heart hurt. But I can see the disappointment of this year maybe being a source of motivation for next year's team, especially team leader types like Owens.

GO DAWGS!!! Only 259 more days until kickoff!

No comments: